How to get involved in ELIXIR NL
ELIXIR NL wants to be an inclusive organisation: all activity on the terrain of life science data in the Netherlands should be considered part of ELIXIR-NL (as long as the institute involved is a DTL partner).
Not all resources we have (tools/services/databases) will have the same status. There are different levels of involvement:
It is a good idea!
- ELIXIR NL can endorse it, publish about it on its web site (or via DTL).
Fits in the common plans and strategy
- It is not only a good idea, but it also fits in the general plan that the Dutch node has in ELIXIR internationally. If it still needs funding to get executed, we can possibly help writing a proposal for an ELIXIR implementation study.
There is funding to keep the resource alive for a longer period
- Before something can be considered as an ELIXIR service, it has to have a minimal guarantee for continuity, and level of service and support described in the ELIXIR handbook.
We add it to our remit and service delivery plan
- The NL node in ELIXIR has a formal document, the "service delivery plan", which describes what services are offered to ELIXIR by the node. This plan can be updated through a formal process that includes a review by the ELIXIR Heads-of-node and the Scientific Advisory Board.
We propose it as an ELIXIR core resource/service
- For a description of the process involved, see https://f1000research.com/articles/5-2422/v2