13- Completing NWO project proposals should encourage researchers to ask themselves “What am I doing with my data?”
This is one of thirteen recommendations for Data Stewardship as formulated by the Netherlands E-Science Centre.
The E-science centre writes
- All researchers should consider themselves to be data-stewards of their projects even if they do not have this formal responsibility
What DTL recommends for the Data Stewardship plan
Answer the following questions in your plan:
- What kind of data will you be generating? How much of each?
- Is any of that data (result, intermediate, or raw) potentially valuable for others?
- Does any of the data need to be kept for people to be able to reproduce my results?
- How open can this data be? Is it anonymous? Competition critical? Does a patent need to be filed before the data can be made public?