11- A “one-size-fits-all” approach to data-stewardship will prove too inflexible
This is one of thirteen recommendations for Data Stewardship as formulated by the Netherlands E-Science Centre.
The E-science centre writes
- We have to recognise that whilst shared rules for data-stewardship should be defined, the approaches and methods to satisfy these rules are likely to differ across disciplines and domains.
What DTL recommends for the Data Stewardship plan
Answer the following questions:
- What do other projects in your field produce as data? Will your data be available under similar conditions? In similar formats?
- What other data are you using for your research? Will your data be available under similar conditions?
- Do you expect these aspects to change significantly during your project time?
Experience from DTL
- Is the data privacy sensitive (subject to informed consent of a donor)?